Teaching your child through his learning styles makes learning easier for your child. Do you know what that means for YOU?
It means better learning progress for your child! And you won’t have to repeat yourself as much. Your child will learn information more quickly if you teach in his style. You can cut the time you spend teaching each topic.
There are several learning styles models out there that you can choose from. The most popular model is the VAKT learning style model. VAKT stands for visual, auditory, kinesthetic, and tactile.
Visit the learning styles pages below to learn how to teach your child using his best learning style(s).
- Find Your Child’s Learning Style.
- Learning Styles Based Lesson Planning.
- Learning Styles Overview.
- Adaptive curriculum to make ANY Curriculum Multi-sensory.
- Learning-styles Based Lesson Creation.
- Effective Instruction with Learning Styles.
- Learning Styles and Learning Preferences.
- Emotional Learning Style.
- Environmental Learning Preferences.
- Physiological Learning Style.
- Psychological Learning Style.
- Sociological Learning Preferences.
- Learning Styles.
- Multiple Intelligences.
- Dunn and Dunn.
- VAKT Learning.
Auditory Learning Style:
- Auditory Learners : Learning & Teaching Activities.
- Auditory Learning Style – Verbal / Linguistic Intelligence.
- Auditory Learners and The Auditory Learning Style.
Visual Learning Style:
- Graphic Organizers & Mind Mapping for Visual Learners.
- Visual Learning Activities for Children: Great for a Child with a Visual Learning Style.
- Visual Learning Aids for Visual Learners.
- Visual Learning Style – Visual / Spatial Intelligence.
- Visual Learning Style and Teaching Your Visual Learner.
Kinesthetic Learning Style:
- Kinesthetic Learning Style – Body / Kinesthetic Intelligence.
- Kinesthetic Learning Styles : 24 Activities for Teaching.
Tactile Learning Style:
- 21 Teaching Activities for Tactile Learners & Tactile Learning.
- Tactile Learning Style & the Tactile Definition for Learning.
- Activities for Christmas : Great for Hands-On Learning.
- Activities for Hanukkah : Great for Hands-On Learning.
- Activities for Kwanzaa : Great for Hands-On Learning.
- Activities for President’s Day : Great for Hands-On Learning.
- Activities for Saint Patrick’s Day : Great for Hands-On Learning.
- Hands On Activities for Thanksgiving.
For Multi-sensory instruction, simply chose an activity from each of your child’s learning styles. You can teach each concept using several learning style activities. Multi-sensory instruction takes creativity and planning. However, it is well worth the time if your child has difficulty remembering his lessons.