About Dyslexia Resources for HELPing Your Child
Do you have a child with dyslexia? I DO TOO! Two of them, in fact.
Do you want to know HOW to help your child learn to read (well)? I figured it OUT!
Because I’ve been there and helped my child overcome dyslexia, you will find this website provides many dyslexia resources for helping your child. If your child is struggling with dyslexia, which is a language-based learning disability, you’ve come to the right place.
The Learning Abled Kids site contains specific information about dyslexia, dyslexia resources, and organizations (which you’ll find at the bottom of this page). You’ll also find curriculum, how we remediated our child in two years of home schooling, about learning tools and methods for remediation.
There is a lot of information about the symptoms of dyslexia, how to teach reading to children with dyslexia and conditions that mimic dyslexia. The conditions that aren’t dyslexia require a completely different approach. Learn more in the About Dyslexia and Dyslexia Symptoms sections of our website. Other information and dyslexia resources can be found through the menu of topics on the left and through the organization links listed below.
Learning Abled Kids also has a support group for parents home schooling children with specific learning disabilities. The group is a place where other parents understand gaps in learning, the difficulties you face in teaching your child, and the wonderful, unique strengths of your child. Please join us in the Learning Abled Kids’ Yahoo Group!
Below, I’ve gathered a list of uplifting dyslexia resources for dealing with dyslexia and for specific methods of remediation which may be of interest to you.
A book you might find particularly useful is **”Complete Reading Disabilities Handbook“. Although the book is written for teachers, there are many resources and teaching methods listed that will help you homeschool your child, or understand the types of help your child should be getting at school.
Before clicking on the dyslexia resources sites listed below, use your browser’s bookmark option to bookmark this site so you can find your way back easily. Best Wishes!
Dyslexia Resources for HELPing Your Child
- Dyslexia Learning Solutions – If you’re in the Reno, NV area, one of our wonderful, well-trained, Learning Abled Kids moms offers help with screening and tutoring to get your child headed towards learning success too.
- All Kinds of Minds
- Davis Dyslexia Association
- Directory of Scottish Rite Childhood Language Disorders Clinics
- Dyslexia Research Institute
- Dyslexia Teaching Program available on CD-Rom
- How to Teach People with Dyslexia
- International Dyslexia Association
- National Institute of Health Dyslexia Information
- Personal Story: Dyslexia My Life: Girard Sagmiller
- Recording for the Blind and Dyslexic
- Understanding Dyslexia